Font Size

Applications & Forms

Applications are taken in person at:
220 Main Cross Street, Taylorsville, KY
We do not process applications electronically. 

Permit Applications and Forms:

Guide to determine what type of permit is needed. A few questions to help make that determination:

  • What type of Structure are you constructing?
  • How many Square Feet is the structure?
  • What is the use of the Structure? (ie. residential, agricultural, commercial, industrial, etc.)
(Clicking on these links will open a new browser window.)


Electrical Inspections     application form      Payment Options: Check or Cash                        
Any question you have pertaining to Electrical need to be directed to Steve Clark              
(Clicking on these links will open a new browser window.)
Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by in Descending Order within category

Applications & Forms14 documents

  • Residential Permit Application "Primary"
    Residential & Agricultural structure over 200 square feet (if not for agricultural purposes - ie. house, garage, polebarn, remodel, inground pool, decks, ramps, wood stoves, etc.)
  • Residential Permit Application "Secondary"
    Residential & Agricultural structure under 200 square feet  (if not for agricultural purposes - ie. storage shed, carport, above ground pool, etc.)
  • Commercial/Industrial Structure Permit Application
    (Depending on the size of the structure & use. Inspections may be handled at the state level.)
  • Sign Permit Application
    (Signs, Temporary Banners, Canopy Wraps, etc)
  • Agricultural Structure Permit Exemption Affidavit
    (Agricultural Structures on 10 acres or more used for agricultural purposes )
  • Change of Occupancy Permit Application
    (primarily for new occupants of existing commercial structures)
  • Address Request Form
    (request for issuance of new street address)
  • Demolition Permit Application
    (used for any building/structure being demolished in the city or county)
  • Zoning Map Amendment Application / Checklist
    (request for Zoning Change within the city or county)
  • Conditional Use/Variance Application
    Board of Adjustment
  • Minor Plat Application / Checklist 
    (4-5 lots with road frontage on existing roadway)
  • Subdivision Preliminary Plat Application / Checklist
  • Subdivision Final Plat Application / Checklist
  • Floodplain Permit Application
    Local Permit (must apply w/ Division of Water prior)