Occupational Tax Enforcement Officer
The Spencer County Fiscal Court is now accepting applications for an occupational tax enforcement officer. The enforcement officer assists the Occupational License Administrator in investigating and enforcing violators of the Business License and Occupational Tax Ordinances, and other county regulations and/or ordinances.
Applications are available at the Spencer County Judge Executive’s Office (12 West Main Street, Taylorsville, KY) or online by clicking the link.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs field and office work in conducting inspections, investigating possible violations and the enforcement of business license requirements to ensure compliance with Spencer County ordinances. Responsible for the enforcement of the Occupational License Fee Ordinance.
- Inspects businesses in the Taylorsville/Spencer County area to ensure possession of required business licenses.
- Canvasses the Taylorsville/Spencer County area looking for new businesses subject to the license tax; gives notices of licenses required; follow up cases to see what license have been purchased.
- Investigates construction sites to verify contractor and subcontractors possess business licenses.
- Investigates complaints made by businesses or persons regarding operation of business or occupation without a license.
- Maintains records and files related to occupational licensing including correspondence with entities/individuals.
- Assists businesses in filling out forms and applications and explains ordinances pertaining to occupational license taxes.
- Answers inquiries over the phone and in person regarding ordinance.
- Possession of valid Kentucky driver’s license
- Physical strength and agility to allow walking, climbing in general conditions and construction sites.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all tax laws.
- We offer opportunities for Flexible work schedules.
Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher is needed for the PDF file. Acrobat Reader is a free download from Adobe. Click here to download Acrobat Reader. (Note: Clicking this link will open a new browser window.)