The Spencer County Judge Executive’s office is currently accepting applications for a full-time administrative assistant. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. If you have previous experience as a bookkeeper, or Executive administrative assistant and familiarity within local government, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, a successful Admin Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
- Responsibilities for this position involve administrative support to the Judge Executives office including but not limited to:
- Assisting the County Judge/Executive with preparing material for submission to the Fiscal Court at meetings
- Distributing mail and preparing invoices for payment
- Reconciling check registers each month
- Record keeping,
- Answering a multi-line telephone system
- Maintaining county websites and Facebook pages
- Maintaining a physical inventory list in accordance with DLG guidelines
- Ordering supplies for county employees/departments
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or bookkeeper.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (MS Excel in particular)
- Excellent time management skills
Job Type: Full-time
High School Co-Op
18 year old Spencer County High School students have an opportunity for co-op work with the county road department. Please contact Mark Thomas at 477-3250. If you are not 18 yet and still interested, call Mark and he will add you to his list.
This opportunity helps build your resume and has potential for full-time employment with benefits.
DECLARATION OF SURPLUS PROPERTY FOR DISPOSAL
Pursuant to KRS 67.0802 and 424.130(1)(b) on August 2, 2021 Spencer County Fiscal Court declared the following county-owned items as surplus equipment. Due to equipment age requiring repair/upkeep, the County hereby authorizes the disposal by public auction, the following:
- 2004 Chevrolet Silverado, White VIN 1GCGC23UX4F129723
Auction will be conducted via GovDeals.com on August 11, 2021-August 18th 2021. This equipment may be viewed prior to the sale by contacting the Spencer County Judge Executive's office at 502/477-3205. All equipment is sold as is.
INVITATION TO BID
Spencer County Fiscal Court will receive sealed bids from qualiﬁed dealers for the furnishing of be 2021 or 2022 Ford F450 4x4 gas cab and chassis with 7.3 gasoline engine, liquid spring suspension, and 153-inch box.
You are invited to submit a sealed bid, subject to the terms and conditions of this invitation to bid.
Please read the instructions and speciﬁcations carefully. Failure to comply with these instructions may disqualify your bid.
Sealed bids will be received until 2:00 pm local time on October 22nd, 2021, at Spencer County Judge Executive ofﬁce located at 12 W Main, Taylorsville KY, Attention: Brittany Veto, Deputy Judge Executive. The bids will be publicly opened and read aloud at the same location at approx 2:15 pm local time October 22nd, 2021, then submitted for review and consideration to the Spencer County Fiscal Court at their November 1st, 2021, meeting at 9:00 am. Bidder shall send or drop-off the sealed bid at this location prior to the designated time for receipt of bids. NO BIDS RECEIVED AFTER THIS TIME WILL BE CONSIDERED. The Spencer County Fiscal Court cannot assume the responsibility for any delay because of failure of the US Postal Service or other delivery services to deliver bids on time. Facsimile bids are not acceptable. Envelopes containing bids must be clearly marked on the outside of the envelope that a bid is enclosed and the title of the bid/job. Bids mailed or delivered by courier shall be inserted into two envelopes, with the inner envelope containing the bid.
Project speciﬁcations can be obtained, and any questions during bidding, shall be available at spencercountyky.gov or directed to:
SPENCER COUNTY FISCAL COURT
12 W MAIN STREET
P.O. BOX 397
TAYLORSVILLE, KENTUCKY 40071
Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher is needed for the PDF file. Acrobat Reader is a free download from Adobe. Click here to download Acrobat Reader. (Note: Clicking this link will open a new browser window.)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY